Monday, January 2, 2012

Ringing in 2012!

 I started 2012 by getting back to some projects I had to put aside in the Christmas rush.

I've been having a ball making more Hope Valley string blocks yesterday and today.  I'm loving this quilt!

  I also started quilting Countdown to Christmas.  I'll be all ready for next year!

I'm using my snowflake [edited - I was wrong about the type of boards I was using] Quilt-EZ  Handi-Quilter sew boards.  Idiot-proof quilting at its finest - LOL!

Next up is going to have to be a wedding quilt (one of at least two I have to make this year).  I just found out (thank goodness for Facebook) that the first wedding we have to go to is in March.  Yikes!  I really want to get Hope Valley pieced first though.

I also wanted to show some fabric goodness Santa brought!  My husband went on a charm pack hunt on eBay for Christmas.  He thought, bless him, that he was getting such great deals with the "42-piece sets" of fabric he was buying.  He was SO disappointed when he started getting these little charm packs in the mail.   I couldn't stop laughing when he was telling me on Christmas morning as I was opening them.  He knew the names Amy Butler and Moda, so told me he chose some of those (and I was still laughing), but he did good...




He also got a 4-charm-pack of Thimbleberries that he loved (guess who will be getting a quilt from them!)  I told him these charm packs are perfect to use with the new Another Bite of Schnibbles book Santa also  brought me.   Ho Ho Ho!

8 comments:

*karendianne. said...

What a delightful story and a great post! Happy New Year & thanks for sharing. *karendianne.

Becky M said...

Your Hope Valley quilt is looking gorgeous! And I love that quilting template, I had no idea they made stuff like that!

Karen said...

Great to see your Countdown to Christmas so far along!
I think your hubby is a great fabric shopper!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Look at you go this year! Such pretty projects. And, that is too sweet of hubby - he's a keeper! I feel bad for him about the mix up - but he did an awesome job picking out fabric for you :o)!! Hugs!

Linda said...

Love your Hope Valley quilt!! It's going to be beautiful!! Quilting is awesome. Sometimes it's nice to have something you don't have to think to hard on!! :-) Looks like Santa was good to you!!

Ivory Spring said...

I love love love your Christmas quilt. Happy New Year.

Quilter Steph said...

Hi! Where did you get your Quilt-EZ snowflake board? I just went to the webpage and they are not there. It's PERFECT for a project I'm almost ready to quilt! Thanks.

JoEllen said...

Are the sew boards REALLY easy to use? I can ONLY meander after a year of midarming, and have often thoughtbof getting these boards, but I dont know if I can use them without a million hours of "practicing". Any advise?