Sunday, January 29, 2012

Another Year of Schnibbles - Full House

I finished my first month of Another Year of Schnibbles.   The pattern for January was Full House. 

I'd seen Carrie Nelson's version as a pillow using Countdown to Christmas fabrics.  Great idea!  I had lots of leftovers from making my CtC twister quilt...
And thought the pillow version of Full House would make a perfect companion.  Except I had to take some liberties.  My leftovers were not a "charm square" 5 inches, but 4-1/2 inches.  No problem, I just worked with what I had.  And, then I forgot to cut a square of the "house" fabric to put on top of the "door" fabric, so my houses look more like barns.  But, it's all good, and I love the pillow....

I used that great Merry Christmas fabric I had for the back...
I decided not to stuff it yet, since I won't be needing it for almost a year, to save space.  So, I'll put it away as is, hope I remember I have it next December, and stuff it then.

AYOS - one month down, 11 to go!

Sinta and Sherri will have the AYOS Parade on the 1st so you can check out all of the other Full House entries!

7 comments:

charlotte said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who puts stuff away for next Christmas and then forgets she has it.

Lynn said...

Very cute houses! It will make a great pillow! Write yourself a note about it (include where you put it) and put the note in an ornament box where you will find it in December.

Karen said...

Your pillow looks great, and what a wonderful way to use left overs!

Becky M said...

Very cute! Try and stuff it in with your Xmas decorations ago you remember it.

Carrie said...

It's SO cute! I love that you made it work with the fabrics you had.

But I'm really in love with your Twister Quilt! It's gorgeous and I look forward to seeing it when it's quilted and finished. :)

Michele said...

I love your version of Full House! Using scraps is always a bonus! Aren't those Twister projects fun? Seeing yours makes me want to do another.......

Diane said...

nice stuff going on-I have to totally concentrate of patterns like Bargello too.
But downloading stuff seems to be a waste of time so I'd be wanting to multi task too!