Sunday, January 22, 2012

Breaking News! ... I'm going to MQX!!

I'm just about to bust.  After months of waffling, I bit the bullet and made my reservations to attend the Machine Quilter's Exposition in Providence, RI, in April.   Hubby convinced me I really should do it (and since there's a B.I.G. birthday coming up soon, it will be a b-day present). 


I went to MQX  a few years ago when it was still in New Hampshire and had the best time.  The classes were wonderful, I loved being immersed in the whole atmosphere of the show and I met friends there, new and old!  To cap it all off, after I got home I found out I won the prize Shopper's Basket.  I was overwhelmed at the box of goodies that came in the mail.  In fact, I saved founder, Janet-Lee Santeusanio's voice mail telling me I'd won (because I'm a real nerd like that).
 [photos of the 2009 banquet]
[these ladies were sweet enough to let me join their dinner table - you're never a stranger with quilters!]

Since I waited so long to make up my mind, the class I really wanted to take (Mastering the Art of McTavishing) was already full, but I'm wait listed and I've signed up for a pantograph class and a "what do I quilt on that" class by Karen McT.  I'm also going to the banquet again.  So, I'm sure I'll have a blast and I'll have to pack an empty bag for the goodies I'm sure I'll find!

Back to reality...
Last weekend (love those long weekends!), besides working on my quilt-a-longs,  I managed to finish my Hope Valley string quilt top...

 Still have to decide how to quilt this one.  And, there's a ton of paper to rip off the back!

6 comments:

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Great news!! Love your Hope Valley quilt.

Becky M said...

ooohh, how fun!! I'm so excited for you. That sounds great.
And your Hope Valley quilt is gorgeous.

Karen said...

Wow, that's exciting! How long do you have to wait?
Your Hope Valley quilt looks great. Love the idea that it is a string quilt!

Gretchen said...

I'm about to be very immature here - I'll bet my big birthday is bigger than your big birthday this year! (And I get to go to DisneyWorld for mine!)

Diane said...

That sounds so exciting! congrats on finishing the strings quilt-love the blues (my fave color)

Kate said...

Congrats on getting to go to MQX! Looks like lots of fun.

Hope Valley is beautiful. Love all the colors you've used.