Monday, January 16, 2012

Pincushion Parade!

I saw that Beth at Love Laugh Quilt was hosting a Pincushion Parade and thought I'd join in. 

I don't too many fancy pincushions.  I have my super old tomato which is just about falling apart (if you take the pins out of the top, the green part falls off - maybe it's better to retire this one) and it's baby...
Since the old red tomato had seen better days, I went wild and got a purple tomato a couple of months ago...
I know I didn't make this one, I must have gotten it as a gift or swap of some sort...it's been around awhile...it actually just sits on my shelf looking pretty.  I don't think it's ever seen a pin...
I think this cute little basket pin cushion came as a favor at a quilt banquet many years ago...
This ceramic shoe pin cushion was a gift from my aunt back when I first started quilting.  I put the fancy pins in this one!
This cute silver Scottish sewing "kit" was a Christmas gift from my husband a couple of years ago.  The cushion is more of a needle holder I think.. I love the kilt and the bagpipes on it...
And, this has to be my favorite - one of my Quilting Angel gifts this past Christmas from my guild friend Tamsin.   It is awesome and makes me smile every time I see it!
That's it.  That's all I've got.  I guess I haven't been bitten by the pin cushion collecting bug.  (At least not yet.)

Check out Beth's blog to see the rest of the Pincushion Parade!

8 comments:

Karen said...

This is a lovely collection.
I find the Scottish one quite fascinating.

beth said...

Thanks for linking up! That purple tomato is so fun! I've never seen one like it before!

Becky M said...

You have a lot of pincushions! I love that shoe, so cute.

Thearica said...

WOW! Awesome pincushions! My favorite has to be the silver Scottish piece!! But I love that shoe too!

Alicia said...

hi all your pincushion are lovely but I loved the one in the shoe. have a nice day¡

Lelia said...

thx for sharing your pincushions. I've enjoyed the 'parade'.

Kwiltz by Stephanie said...

Seeing everyone's pincushions is a lot of fun! I don't really use pins, but I entered anyway. You have so many! I like that each one has a story and so many have love in them!!! Thanks for sharing!

lindaroo said...

How sweet that your husband gave you the decorative sewing caddy! I've never seen anything like it before. Thanks for sharing!