Sunday, January 8, 2012

I Caved Too....or How Many Quilt-a-Longs Have I Joined Already This Year?!

I think I have join-itis.  It's only what, January 8th, and I've already joined no less than FOUR quilt-a-longs.  I laughed out loud when I read Diane's "I Caved" post.  I had already decided to do the same two she did, plus I'm two up on her.

But, wait!  I can justify this! All four a)  are quilts I've wanted to make and b) I have the fabric for.

So, it's actually a good thing, right?  I'm getting stuff done that I actually planned on making! 

Here's my list...drum roll please.....

Katie's Quilting Corner's Bargello Placemat Quilt-A-Long (but I'm making the table runner)

Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill's Scrappy Plate Quilt-A-Long
 Katy at I'm a Ginger Monkey's Swoon-A-Long

And, I'm going to attempt Another Year of Schnibbles with Sinta and Sherri...(I did A Year of Schnibbles in 2010, but I joined late)...
I've already started on a couple of these - details on all to follow!

9 comments:

Becky M said...

hee hee! You are too funny. I didn't know about some of these, I'll have to check them out.

Diane said...

oh I am NOT checking out the other ones you are tempting me...:)especially the swoon one.
But I think your reasoning is perfectly sound. It will be a fun year.
I'm hoping to get out and purchase the dresden ruler tomorrow.

Linda said...

You are hilarious!!!! LOL!!! You are going to be busy, but boy you are going to have fun and make some fabulous quilts!! Good for you!! :-)

Linda in Calif. said...

Last year I promised myself I wouldn't start any new projects. That lasted until April. (I thought I did really well to last so long.) This year I haven't made that kind of deal - and I'm like you, so many new projects just waiting for me! Fun, fun, FUN!!! Happy quilt alongs to you!!!!

Barb said...

I am smiling at your post...so far I have not joined any....as I wipe the sweat off my brow. Looks like you are going to have alot of fun!!

SeamedUP said...

Oh Denise - I feel your pain! I have joined a fabric swap, a quilt along (online - the 4*5 swap), a beach applique quilt project with some friends in town, I am hosting the modern blocks quilt along at seamedup, AND I am also hosting a Studi-O-rganization challenge at within a quarter inch! What the hell?! (Oh and I have the flickr group for both the dresden plate AND the swoon and REALLY want to do them as well!!!!)

Miss you:)

Heather said...

Wow! I would love to do all of those as well! How much fun is that? However, I know myself… I wouldn’t. I did do the Schnibbles in 2010, and loved it, but I would rather make bigger quilts this year :) have fun, I will enjoy watching your progress!

Quilter Kathy said...

I have the same problem as you! I really want to join the Swoon Along, but am wishing I had more self control!

Kate said...

What fun. I'd like to join all of them too. Can't wait to see how they all work out.