Sunday, February 5, 2012

Bargello Quilt-a-Long Week 2

I finally got back to my Bargello table runner.  Oooohh, this makes my head hurt.  I guess trying to follow the bargello pattern while simultaneously trying to half listen to a tv show and download all of my music and photos to transfer from my PC to my new hand-me-down Mac is not the best way to go about it.  You (well at least I) need all of your faculties focused to do this properly.

So, I'm half done...

The reason I am only half done:  You also need to pay attention when you are sewing all of your strips together for your second tube that you sew them in the same order as when you sewed the first tube together.  And if you don't, hope that you realize it before you cut all of the 2.5" strips, or you'll be ripping out three seams on every stinkin' strip.  Don't ask me how I know.  
More next week.

Here's some more eye candy for you.  Last weekend we got together with some dear friends to have "our" Christmas (a little late this year!).   One of the gifts Jamie brought me came all the way from Japan!  He was there on business in early December - only for 48 hours - but made it a point to go to a quilt shop and bought me a yard each of these beautiful Japanese fabrics!  The selvedges even have Japanese characters on them (but I forgot to take photos of them).  I was thrilled with these!


And look at this cute little bag (I love cute bags)
I've already got a couple of ideas for these beauties!

5 comments:

Becky M said...

Sounds like me! I'm always trying to do 20 things while I;m sewing. The bargello looks great though. And i love all your finds.

Gretchen said...

Congratulations on your new computer! I love my Macs!

Karen said...

Your Bargello is looking great. What a shame you had to unpick. But worth it!
Good luck with your computer, too.
Love the gorgeous fabrics from Japan. Beautiful designs and colours.

Lynn said...

Gorgeous fabrics! What a great friend you have!

Kate said...

Very pretty Bargello project. Hope you didn't have to do too much unpicking.