Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Personal Sewing Retreat

Two weekends ago, we had our PMQG mini Sewing Summit and last weekend, I had my very own personal sewing retreat!  Hubby and I went to the beach for the weekend.  Back in December when we were here, I accidentally left my wedding ring behind.  We knew no one would be back anytime soon, so we decided to come down near Valentine's Day, retrieve my ring and have a relaxing weekend.  With no guests to entertain this time, I brought my machine and a few projects.


I did some dishes...

And I Swooned a little...


The problem with sewing other places is when you do things like throw a stiletto in your bag instead of your seam ripper.
But I learned you can rip seams pretty well with your curved embroidery scissors!  (I forgot my 1/4" foot at the mini Sewing Summit  - I had my open toe foot on the machine and forgot to change it).

A little rant...
Even if you are not making a Swoon, you may have heard about the very tight cutting requirements when using FQs.  There is no room for error, or less fabric than a full FQ.  So, when your FQ has almost an INCH of selvedge, well, that's a problem!
I also did a bit of work on my embroidery project (which I'll blog about next).  It was a very productive weekend - and with views like this, very relaxing too...


Lilly had a good time too!

6 comments:

Angie said...

Oh I do LOVE your Dresden Plates!! Your choice of colors makes my heart do a fluttery happy dance and brings a smile to my face! I want some JUST LIKE THEM!!!! :)

Phyllis in Minnesota said...

I understand your rant - selvedge getting wider, WOF no longer 44/45 inches...... but price keeps going up!

Pat said...

Jealous!!!

Lynn said...

I was very glad the fabrics I chose for my swoon blocks were generously cut FQ. I didn't realize when choosing fabrics how important that would be because I hadn't purchased the pattern yet.

Karen said...

Looks like a perfect weekend to me!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

The swoon block is literally making me swoon! Fabulous!