Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Another Year of Schibbles February - How Long Does it Take to Make a Schnibble?

On February 1st, the day Sinta and Sherri announced the February Schnibble, I placed my order.  When did the pattern arrive?  February 22nd.  Not a happy camper.  But, I wasn't going to let that stop me - I was determined not to flake out on only the second month of AYOS and finish this Schnibble!!

The pattern is I.S.T.H. (that means, Insert Snappy Title Here - designer Carrie Nelson just couldn't come up with a name).

So, how long does it take to make this Schnibble top?  Nine and one-half hours over 5 days.
Drawing the line for HSTs on the wrong size squares is NOT a time saver!
 For the stars, I used A Breath of Avignon charm pack.
Then decided to pull from stash for the borders and setting triangles...

I decided the scrappy squares middle border didn't do a whole lot for me, so decided to go with one piece of fabric.
So, I made it with a few days to spare!

Check out the AYOS Schnibbles parade on March 1st on Sinta and Sherri's blogs!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Very cute! I love LeMoyne Stars but not piecing those diamond shapes. These look they are made with HST instead though. Smart!

Kigwit said...

I think we may have bought the pattern from the same seller!

I love your finished top. I'm thinking about leaving out the checkerboard rows also-they never look tidy when I sew them!

Sandy said...

I love how your quilt turned out! Try Quilt Taffy on Etsy for your patterns. I usually get mine within three days!