Sunday, November 21, 2010

A few recent acquisitions...

Thought I'd show some new fabric that has recently made it into my stash....

First up, I was a winner in the Blogger's Quilt Festival hosted by Amy at Amy's Creative Side blog!!  I had my choice of either 10 FQs of Designer Cottons or 10 half yards of Kona cottons from Sew Fresh Fabrics.  Now, that's a prize!  I chose the 10 half yards of Kona.  It was perfect timing because I've been mulling around making a series of Modern Amish wallhangings and this is perfect!  I chose left to right:  Crocus, Lupin, Peridot, Jade Green, Brown, Mulberry, Caribbean, Cerise, Tomato and Surf....

I've been waiting for this collection since September!  It is the gorgeous Lily & Will by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill designs.  Oh my, it is so beautiful.  I would love to get it in each of the colors ways, but unfortunately, the budget won't allow that.  But, I have a very special baby boy quilt to make and as soon as I saw this collection, I knew this is what I wanted to use.  It took so long to come in though that I missed making the quilt for the shower, but the baby isn't due to arrive until January, so I should be okay. 



I'm making Anne's Nighty Night Will with it - cute and elegant at the same time, I think...


I had to jump on the Pure bandwagon.  I just couldn't hold out any longer...these three charm packs and the yardage - the argyle - I love that! - for the outer border and the brown w/blue swirls for the inner border...
I think these will make a lovely Cindy Lou Who Schnibble.  And then I will have gotten my Pure fix - LOL!

I think I see a theme here - I'm just loving the blue & brown these days.  o:)

5 comments:

Lynn Weathers said...

I love blue and brown too! Your solids look yummy. I've been doing a lot with solids lately.

Heather said...

Isn't it so fun to win fabric? It's like the best present ever! Love the colors you chose. Blue and brown are so nice together, the fabrics you bought are awesome. I like that brown one with blue circles! Have fun using them up :)

Linda said...

Congratulations! That is such an awesome prize! I love the fabrics you chose. Will look lovely in an Amish style quilt!! I can't wait to see all your other completed projects. Love those fabrics too. Perfect for a baby boy! Very elegant! That's why I love Schnibbles, you don't have to break the bank to get your fabric fix!

Michelle said...

Congrats on the awesome win! Isn't new fabric so much fun?

Ivory Spring said...

WOW!!!! Look at all the fabric lovelies.... I would love to come by and look at your stash! :)

Happy Thanksgiving.