Tuesday, November 16, 2010

25 Years Ago Today...

It was a cold, rainy November day...the dog was hiding out under the bed from all the activity and couldn't be found, one mother-in-law fell in the church parking lot and the other one got locked in the car...but the bride didn't get wet!

Today is our 25th wedding anniversary. I don't know where the time has gone, it really does seem like only a few years ago. Time flies when you're having fun (and kids, and dogs, etc.)!

For our honeymoon, we went to one of those Pocono honeymoon resorts. Hokey, I know, but we had a blast...

Here's a quilt I made for my husband about 7 anniversary's ago...he loves militaria and when I saw these embroidery airplane patterns, I knew I had to make them into a quilt for him. I worked on them over many months and managed to keep it a surprise. I mostly worked on them at my small quilt group meetings...they used to laugh because every meeting, twice a month, for months on end, I pulled on these planes...by the end I was calling them "those d*mned airplanes". But, I'm so glad I perservered, he loves the quilt and it hangs in his office.



Sweetheart, here's to another 25 (at least!)


6 comments:

Michelle said...

Many, many congratulations!

The plane quilt is fantastic. :-)

Darlene said...

Happy Anniversary - 25 years is incredible!!!!

Linda said...

Happy Anniversary! 25 years is something to be very proud of! Cute story about the plane quilt! Thanks for sharing. Love the pics of you guys by the way!

Lynn Weathers said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Gretchen said...

I know I'm a little late here, Denise, but Happy Anniversary. And I wish you many more.

Ivory Spring said...

Denise,

Happy Anniversary, and many many many more! I have thought about making a quilt for my husband, you just inspired me to bump that project up on the list.

PS-thanks for your thread story - I enjoyed reading it.