Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I couldn't resist...

Have you seen the December issue of Quilter's World? 


This is not a magazine I usually buy, but since one of my very favorite blogger/designers Wendy Sheppard of Ivory Spring designs for the magazine (among others), I may just have to subscribe.  Particularly since when I picked up this issue because Wendy's Peppermint Parcels (made with the too cute Hip Holidays fabrics from Henry Glass which I've had since the summer in anticipation of making this quilt that Wendy gave us sneak peeks of on her blog) pattern was in there, I found two other patterns in there that I must make.  In fact, one I couldn't resist doing immediately!

This table runner is made of pretty large tumbler  blocks.  Of course, if you have an Accuquilt Go! Cutter, you can certainly use that, but I cut out the template from freezer paper and glued it onto heavy cardboard and used my rotary cutter to cut the pieces out.  Super easy - I finished this (including making the template) in just a couple of hours!  This will be a Christmas gift for my Mom.  I know I will make more of these!  It was just too much fun.



The third pattern in the magazine I want to make is a paper pieced Christmas pineapple runner.  This issue is a winner for sure!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Happy Thanksgiving Denise! Love the tumbler runner. I just love all tumbler quilts. You did a great job cutting them out! WOW!

Michelle said...

Ooh, thanks for heads up about Wendy's quilt. And your table-runner is so pretty!

Ivory Spring said...

Denise,

Cute runner!! You are so kind to mention me. :)

Hugs.

Gretchen said...

Ooh! I remember reading this and seeing it now. Duh! Gorgeous colors!