Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

 clip art courtesy of http://hubpages.com

Happy Turkey Day everyone!  We'll be off soon (well, as soon as my husband gets up from his (second) nap!!  He was up at 4:30am this morning.  At the supermarket to get breakfast fixings by 5:30am and back to his first nap by 7am - LOLOL!!

Anyway, we're over the river (literally) and through the woods to grandmother's house (my mom's) for Thanksgiving dinner.  We're sad that our son, DIL and grandson won't be able to join us though, grandson Rick's been up sick all night, so they're doing a small dinner for 3 at home.  We will miss them. 

Since I didn't have to cook, I got a bit of quilting in this morning.  This weekend will be spent decorating - and hopefully some more quilting!  I got most of my Christmas shopping done yesterday, believe it or not!  Did a Target run and did the rest of it online!  I've only got two more stores to hit (not THIS weekend) and I'm done.  Excellent!

I wish you all a peaceful and blessed Thanksgiving.  I'll leave you with this bit of Fall-ish quilty goodness...

4 comments:

Karen said...

Have a lovely time with your mother and I hope the rest of the family is well soon.

Linda said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Denise! Just beautiful. Love the "ribbon" around the quilt. Thanks for sharing.

kasthurirajam said...

happy thanksgiving dear

Ivory Spring said...

Love that quilt, Denise!