Sunday, November 14, 2010

Christmas Quilt Show 2010

Thank you SewCalGal for hosting the Christmas Quilt Show 2010!

The quilt I'd like to feature is my Woodland Santa wall hanging.  This quilt was made between 10-15 years ago and it's been hanging above my piano every holiday season ever since.  All of the ladies in my small quilt group made the same quilt and, of course, they all looked so different.  I don't even remember where the pattern came from.

I featured this quilt when I did my Christmas in July post, but wanted to show it again because it is special to me, being one of my first applique quilts.  Besides, although I've made a number of Christmas quilts, I've mostly given them away.  That will be remedied soon (well, that's relative - I doubt they'll get done for THIS Christmas) because I have about 5 Christmas quilt patterns with fabric all ready to be made.  And they're all for me o:)




I guess this will be going up on the wall in a few weeks - Christmas decorating time will be here before we know it!

You can go to the Christmas Quilt Show 2010 blog post on SewCalGal's blog to see all of the great Christmas quilts!

33 comments:

Linda said...

I love it. You did a wonderful job on the applique. There is a lot of detail! I collect santas so I just love it!

SheilaC said...

Your quilt is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it in the show

SheilaC

Ariane said...

Oh it's beautiful!!! I love it. Thanks for sharing it. Hugs Ariane

karenfae said...

that's pretty - wonderful applique
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Karen said...

Hi Denise. This is a lovely Christmas quilt. It obviously has a very spaecial place in your memories!

QuiltSue said...

That's wonderful. If you ever get fed up with it, I have the perfect space for it!

DiddleDaddleDesigns said...

Gorgeous. Looks fantastic hanging above your Santas.
Teresa

Nina-Marie said...

So many Christmas ideas - only one Christmas!! What a lovely wallhanging! It would fit anywhere!

Brenda said...

Beautiful quilt. You did a great job.

Joanna said...

What a beautiful Santa and animal wall hanging. I love the scene. You did a very fine job making it.

Quiltbenaco said...

Molto simpatico!
Ciao Domenica

Carol said...

I love the vignette with the wall hanging and carol singers standing in front. Very pretty.

Stormy Days said...

What a great wall hanging. I love Santa and the animals for Christmas. That's a lot of applique, really great job. Thanks for sharing.

Dawn said...

Really nice applique!

Briarside Lane said...

It looks lovely hung over the piano. A perfect spot!
It IS almost time to decorate!

...Karen

andsewon said...

Your quilt is so charming and really fits the vignette!A real holiday treasure for sure.

Linda said...

Oh how pretty! I love it! You did a good job on it and now you are able to enjoy it each year. Wonderful!!!

Lois said...

This is such a pretty quilt and the way you display it is perfect. Love Lois

Sandy said...

What a lovely quilt...you should be proud of that applique!

Nanbon44 said...

what a lovely quilt I am sure it will be enjoyed by your family for years to come as part of their Christmas Memories

Roslyn said...

I am amazed at the persistence of all your needleturn applique-ers!
Nice work.

Teresa said...

I love the Woodland Santas. Great job on the applique...

Kate said...

Very cute! It goes great with your other holiday displays.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

What a very fun quilt.

Lindabee said...

I think this is stunning. And the checkerboard border really sets it off.

Nancy Sue said...

I can't believe you said this was one of your first applique quilts!! It's awesome!

Linda said...

So neat. Thanks for sharing!

501 Quilt Blocks said...

I love woodland scenes! Great quilt!

Lee said...

I love love the scene and the applique!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Beautiful. Lovely work!!!

Huisvlyt said...

That is a beautiful quilt, and one can see that a lot of time went into it. It was worth the time!!!
Elzaan

SewCalGal said...

Really beautiful Christmas Quilt. That Santa is amazing. Great job. Thanks for sharing in the Christmas Quilt Show.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Your quilt is beautiful. Wonderful Christmas scene.