Monday, May 31, 2010

Jelly Roll Sampler #7

Oooohhh, my aching back!  My husband and I spent yesterday doing yardwork.  I love beautiful landscaping and gardens - but I hate to do it.  So does he.  I wish we did, but we don't, so, we don't do it very often, but a few times a year you must give the outside of the house a little TLC.  It doesn't help that our neighbor right next door's hobby is working in his yard.  I keep telling him...just keep going right - LOL!  So, this is what we accomplished....


We weeded, trimmed all the bushes, put down many bags of mulch, and filled baskets with annuals.

We also found this pretty lilly that I couldn't resist buying....


We also planted some herbs and tomatoes on the side of the house.  I put them in a different spot from last year. Last year, I spent a bunch of money on herbs, vegetables and tomatoes. Not much took...only got a couple of tomatoes but the herbs and other veggies didn't really do anything. Except the mint. I don't think you can kill mint. It creeps and spreads and comes back year after year! Anyone for a mojito! So, I'm hoping changing locations will work for the rest of our little garden. And it's far away from the mint!

To make sure I get a little quilty something in this post...here's my Jelly Roll Sampler block number 7...


Happy Memorial Day to everyone!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Your block 7 really pops. Great job!

Carrie P. said...

A very beautiful yard. It does look inviting. Great block too. Thanks for coming by my blog.

Ivory Spring said...

What a beautiful block, Denise!

*karendianne. said...

Delightful blocks. Really super pretty.