Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Here’s the roundup for this third week of May Mayhem. This past week was mostly all about Madeline. She’s lovely…

Life got in the way a little bit so I didn’t get to spend as much time as I normally like to in my sewing haven.

Here’s the breakdown of what I accomplished:

Monday – completed two Madeline blocks. 1.5 hours. I had to use a different method of making the geese in this block due to the use of the charm squares. This slowed me down! I really, really like my Eleanor Burns flying geese rulers. However, even if I had the size fabric needed, EB doesn’t have a ruler for the size I needed which was 1-3/4 x 3. So, I just had to suck it up and do it. This method didn’t allow me to be as precise as I can be with EB, but I slogged through and made it work.

Tuesday – another two Madeline blocks completed. I got a little faster – only took 1 hour total tonight

Wednesday – ditto Tuesday

Thursday – this is where it all fell apart – LOL! I got home and a family member had heard some fantastic news about a new job and I spent the evening helping him go over his offer letter. Whew! He’d been (we’d all been) on pins and needles all week waiting to hear. I was so glad for him. So, we had some celebratory wine and all I managed was perusing my new Quilt Sampler and Quilter’s Home mags before I was out for the count!

Friday – Oh my, Friday. We offered to babysit our 11yo grandson while my step-son and DIL went to the Big Apple for a concert Friday night. They have a new puppy. His name is Leo. He so stinkin’ cute, I can hardly stand it. Meet Leo…(this is him on a skate board)

Since Leo is so new to the world I just felt terrible that this little one would be left home alone all night with just folks coming over to let him out now and then. I said, no, really, we’ll take him for the night. How bad can it be?

This is Lilly.

I introduced Lilly in my first post. Lilly’s a diva. While she goes to Doggie Day Camp and is very social, she DOES NOT like her territory encroached on by other doggies (even if they are very, very cute). So, Lilly was not a happy camper. It was tense. All evening long. So, we spent the evening blocking. Making sure Leo didn’t eat anything he wasn’t supposed to and that he didn’t get too near Lilly.  Exhausting! So, all I was able to muster was another 15 minutes or so of quilty magazine reading.

Saturday – coming down the home stretch with Madeline – rest of the blocks finished and put together and inner border put on – about 2 hours

Sunday – Chose and set up pantograph on the frame for quilting the Flying Cranes quilt. And Madeline was completed! (Well, the top anyway). About 1.5 hours total.

Boy, this month is flying by!

No comments: