Monday, May 24, 2010

Blogger's Quilt Festival


I thought I'd join in the Blogger's Quilt Festival hosted by Amy of Amy's Creative Side.  What fun!  There are over 500 quilts posted so far.  Wow, I'm going to have alot of blog reading to do!  My entry is my favorite quilt to date that I've made. 


This quilt was a very long time in the making and I'm not sure why.  In January 2008, I made a resolution.  I was going to work through those UFOs!  I wouldn't be allowed to start a new quilt until I had finished at least two UFOs.  And I had many!  I am notorious for starting a quilt and then putting it aside when the next great quilt comes along!  So, I pulled out all the boxes and bag and looked in the nooks and crannies where I had UFOs stashed and made a list.  There it was in black and white and I was going to be UFO-less!!  (That worked for awhile, but I seem to have gotten off-track in the past six months or so - while I'm not UFO-less, I'm at least finishing what I start now).  I pulled out this beauty that I had started in 1998 - I know because I kept the paperwork from the LQS class that I took to make it.  Thank goodness!  You forget what you were doing when 10 years pass and you have a quilt all cut up and in various stages of together-ness. 
 

I had forgotten all about this quilt, but when I opened the box I remembered - I LOVED these Robyn Pandolph fabrics (the line name escapes me right now), and the pattern is so pretty.  Why did I never finish this!  Well, after refreshing my memory as to where I was in construction (which took awhile - good thing I had those old class papers!) I realized I was short some of the white fabrics.  Oh no!  What was I going to do - this fabric was at least 10 years old!  Believe it or not, I tracked a piece down - whew!  After I got started, it really didn't take long to finish this lovely quilt.  It's called 9x9x9.  I used a floral pantograph - Daisy Swirl, I believe - that looks lovely with the fabrics, but the quilting doesn't show up very well in the photographs.  It lives draped over my wing chair in the living room.  Everytime someone comes in and asks about it, I tell them this is my favorite quilt.  It just makes me happy.

 

Click on the Button at the top of this post and have fun looking at some great quilts in the Festival! Very inpsiring!

14 comments:

janet said...

Very pretty!

Allie said...

It is a beautiful quilt! So glad you came across it and finished it!

Marie said...

Beautiful nine patch quilt it looks very elegant

Angie Padilla said...

Love the Robyn Pandolph fabrics. This is so soft and romantic - lovely!

Denise said...

Denise in PA... I love your quilt
Denise in NJ :-)
Born and raised in PA tho!

Ivory Spring said...

Denise,

What a sweet quilt. I am a great fan of Robyn Pandolph! :)

lifefullcircle said...

I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one that has way too many projects in the works! Great job on this quilt. It's beautiful.

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful quilt. Lovely design, colors, fabrics. Your sashing really made this quilt so very delightful. Great job!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Eileen said...

oh, my!! a beautiful quilt --the fabrics are wonderful and the pattern is great. fun to read your story--i can't fathom the number of ufo's of all sorts of crafty things i've got lying around. there's an afghan i started in the late 60's for one...oh, well!

Miri said...

Beautiful quilt! I love the layout. The double 9 patch in the center square only is a terrific idea! Great quilt.

Within A Quarter Inch said...

Gorgeous Denise! Looky here - you're jumping into the blogging experience full throttle, I love it:)

Sharon said...

LOVE this sweet quilt! I have always loved Robin Pandolph's fabrics.

grendelskin said...

This is oh so lovely! What a great project to finally finish, it's well worth the wait.

Michelle said...

Lovely! What a wonderful pattern! And the soft-colored fabrics you used are just so calming. I'm glad you found this UFO and shared it with us. Wonderful!