Thursday, April 29, 2010

Schnibbles Times Two – Woo Hoo!

It’s finally here! I’ve been not so patiently waiting for Amazon to deliver my very own copy of Carrie Nelson’s Schnibbles Times Two and it came in today’s mail (I’m sure the receptionist is glad so I will stop stalking her desk to see if I got a delivery today o:) ) I pre-ordered the book, I know it was released on 4/9, so why, oh why was mine on backorder???


Same thing is happening with French General’s Rural Jardin yardage I ordered. I’m all set to start the Snowbound appliqué BOM from Bunny Hill Designs. See the button over on the left? I want to use a lot of the Rural Jardin fabric for it. I’ve been printing out the free patterns for months now and am raring to go! But I’m 4 months behind. And this time it’s not my fault. The yardage was supposed to come out in March and here it is the end of April and it’s coming in dribs and drabs. I ordered five different fabrics from the line to use in the quilt. I got two pieces at the beginning of April, I just got another yesterday and two more are still on backorder. Again, HOW CAN IT BE ON BACKORDER, WHEN IT JUST CAME OUT??? But I digress, back to Schnibbles….

I haven’t even made a Schnibble yet! I just found out about them a few months ago (yeah, I know, where have I been?) and I’ve ordered a few of the single patterns (after making sure they weren’t going to be in the book – thanks, Carrie, for giving us a sneak peak on your blog). Schnibbles will allow me to feed my fabric addiction by buying charm squares of fabric lines that I am drooling over and actually make something with them –without breaking the bank! So now, which one to start with? And, do I do a regular-sized Schnibble first or the larger? What? Oh, I have two new quilts I’ve just started and haven't finished piecing yet?? That’s right, I must have forgotten in all the excitement! Oh well, I’ll savor the book for a while and dutifully finish piecing my Aviary Taffy Treats and Beach Cottage before I cut out the pieces for something new.

Sigh…so many quilts, so little time.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Congrats! I've not looked at the Schnibbles books yet--apparently I should!