Monday, April 12, 2010

Hello Blogland!

Hello Blogland! I so enjoy all of the wonderful blogs and podcasts that I follow and thought I’d throw my 2 cents in too! I want this blog to be a place where I chronicle my quilts, ones I’ve finished, ones in progress, in a bag waiting to be finished, in my head and in the many, many kits I can’t seem to stop buying. Some other passions besides quilting that I’ll probably throw in from time to time are my family, including our sweet (well, most of the time) Pekingese Lilly
(she was Prom Queen at her Day Camp prom you know!), cooking and books I enjoy. Oh, and our trips to Disney World. Our family LOVES Disney!

This is Lilly with her "Prom Date" Bob...(sorry, I just had to....)



I’ve been an obsessed quilter for about 16 years now. When I got bit by the quilting bug, I got bit hard! I’ve just about tried it all and love most of it. There are so many quilts to make and so little time! There’s so much fabric and not enough money to buy it all! I piece my quilts on my beloved Bernina Virtuosa 160 and quilt them on my HQ16. I do a bit of hand embroidery but most of my applique is by machine. I am grateful for the joy that quilting brings to me – not just in the making, but in the community and sense of satisfaction I get from it. I hope you find something of interest in what I share.

Happy Quilting!
Denise in PA

2 comments:

Brye said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I will follow you. Great look and great looking machine (jealous!)

Brye Lynn
www.sewstitchcreate.com

Carrie P. said...

Welcome to blogging. Have fun with it.
You sure do make some beautiful quilts.