Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sometimes I can be a Big Ole' Copycat!

I found the wonderful Nicole from the Sister’s Choice Quilts blog a month or so ago. I want to make every quilt she makes. I chose to start Beach Cottage from Kim Brackett’s great book Scrap Basket Surprises, along with Nicole, using April Cornell’s beautiful and summery Nature’s Chorus (just like Nicole, that's where the whole copy cat thing comes in.) (Nicole said she didn’t mind o:) ) Scrap Basket Surprises is one of those books that I think should be on every quilter's bookshelf. I don't think there's one quilt in there I don't want to make!



These blocks were fun and easy to make! Particularly using my Angler quilting tool that I decided is going to live taped to the bed of my sewing machine. I’ve had this doo-dad for years – why has the lightbulb just gone on about what a terrific product this is!!

I finished my 80 blocks this past weekend – whew! Now for the big project of getting all 80 of those blocks up on the design wall and arranging them properly. I’ll take a photo when I get there, for now, here’s what I started with…



4 comments:

Nicole said...

Very pretty!!! I think you will love your quilt.

Within A Quarter Inch said...

What is this angler tool you speak of? And the Beach Cottage quilt is so pretty and eye-catching I think you're right, I do need that book.

Oh and Denise in PA - I am SO happy to welcome you to blogland!

KnoxBlox said...

Hi Denise in PA. I like your blog and am looking forward to your podcast!! Tami

Darlene said...

Hi Denise - welcome to Blogland and there's nothing wrong with being a big ole copycat. That would describe me, as well. :-)