Friday, May 25, 2012

Swoon Block 7


We're in the homestretch now!  Swoon block 7 is complete.  A litte different colorwise for this block...
I love the yellow polka dot...



I didn't love mis-cutting the yellow polka dot so there wasn't - absolutely, couldn't-fudge-it - enough of it to finish the block. I was bummed. Until I pawed through my stash and found a very similar piece...Seriously, you almost can't tell the difference and when you look at the whole block, you really can't tell.  It's times like these when you do not feel guilty about your big stash.  I was so relieved!
On a different note, at our last Philly Modern Quilt Guild meeting, we swapped aprons.  It was my very first attempt at making an apron!  I cheated a little by using a Verona apron panel, but it was just so cute when I saw it in the quilt shop....
I decided to back it with the orange polka dot.  Sweet!  The gal that picked my apron said it matched her dishes.  How serendipitous!  (I think she liked it! o:) )
The apron I chose, made by fellow guild member Tricia, was from (another) fellow-guild member Jessica Levitt's book Modern Mix.  I wanted to make this apron ever since I got the book, but I just love this one that Tricia made. 
 [sorry for the side photos]
I still might make this apron - it looks fun to do.  I'm on a kick and I think all the girls in my family are getting aprons for Christmas o:) I was thrilled with it and, believe it or not - it is my very first apron!  I'm afraid to wear it, I might get it dirty - LOL!
I love my apron and believe it or not - it is my very first one! I'm afraid to wear it though, I might get it dirty - LOL!

6 comments:

quilt happy said...

love your blocks

Linda in Calif. said...

I'm so swooning over your swoon block - I just love that yellow. (I'm almost tempted to start my own swoon quilt.) And the apron is adorable! Actually both of them are. I think all the girls in your family would love to have one.

Connie said...

Beautiful swoon blocks and love the apron! Stopping by from Sew Many Ways!

Ivory Spring said...

Denise,

That block definitely has the SWOON factor!!!!

Dora, the Quilter said...

Congratulations on finding a yellow that works. It will add interest.
I do love aprons. But I get them dirty as well!

Sue said...

Just love your yellow and black SWOON blocks ! WOW!