I finally finished my first Dresden Plate quilt (there will be more!), started with Bunny Hill's Dresden Plate quilt-a-long. It was not without a few mishaps though.
This photo does not show contrast very well, but here it is...
So, I'm putting my rows together and I could not eek out enough of the red sashing fabric for the last row. I was four strips short. I looked on-line for more. No luck. This is a problem with a capital "P"!! I put a scrap in my purse and just hoped I would find something similar enough to work on my quilt shop/show travels someday and folded up the quilt and the remaining blocks and put it away. Then, on a whim, I checked on eBay to see if maybe, just maybe, I could find some (I know I looked on eBay before). I could not believe it, but the Unique Fabric Palette had some! If I could, I would have kissed that shop owner!
So, the Dresden Plate quilt saga is just about finished. I just hope I have enough of the red fabric left over for the binding o:)