Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Tea

Happy Mother's Day!

We just returned from a wonderful Mother's Day dinner at a favorite BYOB with my husband and kids.  Wonderful pasta, wine and company.  And I got to sew all day.  A perfect Mother's Day!

Yesterday, I took my Mom to a Mother's Day Tea sponsored by Olde City Quilts in NJ.  The tea was held at Cafe Gallery in Burlington, NJ. 
The tea was held on the patio of the restaurant and the weather was perfect
My Mom....
We had such a lovely time.  This was our table.  Olde City Quilts provided lovely fabric coasters and favors of mints in the little boxes, a floral fat quarter with a Pigma pen tucked inside (to make sure we have a way to label our quilts) and a 20% discount to the quilt shop!
Owner Judy displayed this lovely tea cup quilt and gave an inspiring talk about her Mother and her own quilting history (starting at age 15!). 
To top it off - I won the door prize!!  It included 3 lovely fat quarters, a pack of fabric sheets for making labels for your quilts (which shop owner Judy implored us to always do) and a book on Memory quilts and projects. 
Happy Mother's Day, Mom - I hope we have many, many more to celebrate together!

3 comments:

Diane said...

what a wonderful Mother's Day you had! And wow on the door prize win!!
I love your finished dresden top too just saw it while reading this post.
good job and completing it-we won't talk about mine :)

Lynn said...

What a fun day!

Kate said...

Looks like a fun day. Congrats on winning the door prize!