Saturday, May 26, 2012

Flea Market Frames

I'm thrilled to present my first FMF quilt - Flea Market Frames!
I cut into my treasured stash of the new Flea Market Fancy reprints to make this quilt.  Luckily, I only needed a couple of strips from each piece so have lots left over.

When trying to find a good pattern to use just a little bit of each print, I came across Little Miss Shabby's FMF quilt and thought it was incredibly adorable.  You can find the link to the free pattern that LMS modified to make her quilt in her post.  Thank you LMS!  I'm quite thrilled with my version of it.
When I first read the pattern and saw it called for offsetting the outside block wedges by 7/8" on two sides and 1/4" on the other two, I thought uh-oh, this might be a little too tedious for me.  It wasn't at all.  If you're careful, the blocks come out beautifully - with a lot of starch, I might add, to tame the bias edges.

I found this fun print for the back - it looks like jelly candies to me.  It looks a bit washed out here, but it's really a lot more colorful.

I just quilted a large meander on the quilt in white thread and bound it in one my favorite prints from the line.
And now my quilt is finished just in time for summer!

8 comments:

Karen said...

This is lovely. It has a fresh and Summery look to it. Great use of the fabric!

FarahLin said...

wow, it's pretty! Great work, Denise! I haven't cut into my FMF bundle yet, but after seeing this, i just might! Thanks for the link! =)

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Your quilt looks beautiful! I love the pattern and the fabrics look fantastic!

Pat said...

I just love this, Denise! So fresh and pretty.

Becky M said...

Gorgeous! Great pattern for showing off all those pretty prints!

StitchinByTheLake said...

This is a beautiful quilt! I can imagine being intimidated when you read the pattern - I certainly would have been. But it turned out to be totally worth it...so beautiful. blessings, marlene

Sinta Renee said...

Oh, I loved this pattern. I made up the blocks and have set it aside. You are right... it would be a great summer quilt. I need to get mine back out; thanks for the inspiration.

Grit said...

Wow, wunderschön!!!
Great work!!!
Liebe Grüße Grit