Saturday, March 31, 2012

Presenting March Schnibbles - Bibelot

I worked so hard on this quilt and I almost missed the posting deadline!  Totally forgot this is the 31st, but luckily as soon as I opened my Google Reader, I saw someone's post about it.  Whew!  I wouldn't have wanted all that hard work to go to waste.

So, without further adieu....presenting.....
BIBELOT
 Only I'm calling it "T-Squared".  And the amazing Thelma of Cupcakes 'n Daisies is calling it "T is for  Thelma"  (When I say "amazing", you really need to see her Red & White Tribute quilt - and every other quilt she's ever made. I am in awe of her.  The linked post tells the story and the quilt is at the end - A-Maz-Ing!)

So, T-Squared took a long, fiddly time to do.  At the end, though, I am happy with it.  But, I wish I would have caught the fact that there is no white sashing between the T's on the bottom right.  Maybe I'll unpick and fix it.  But I probably won't.  You were supposed to be random when putting the Ts together.  I have a hard time being random.

I used two of Moda's Collections for a Cause charm packs and some Kona Snow - I forget which collection I used though - maybe it was Legacy.  Anyway, I thought these fabrics really worked in this pattern.  It finishes at 38-1/2" square.

You can check out the parade of Schnibbles at Sinta and Sherri's blogs starting April 1st (is it really April 1st already tomorrow?  Where is this year going???)

Today I am off to visit a newly opened LQS - YAY!!!!  It's called the Round Bobbin Quilt Shop and I've been eagerly anticipating its opening. 

Last night, members of the PMQG met for a Sew Night at Granny's Sewing Den.   I didn't bring my camera, so no photos, but it was fun seeing all of the great things everyone was making (like Pat's triangle quilt - I had serious quilt envy over that one.  And Bobbi swoooned over a piece of Andrew's fabric.  I believe a good time was had by all.  I know I had a great time - didn't get much done, but that's not really the point.  Before I knew it, it was about 9:30pm.  I can't wait for our next sew day!

7 comments:

Susan said...

Great quilt, Denise!! I love the fabrics. I found out about the Round Bobbin when I went to the County Line Quilters show last weekend. I'm anxious to see what they have to offer, so perhaps I'll check it out this week when I'm on spring break.

Becky M said...

Your quilt looks great. Lol at the missed sashing. That's totally something I would do! Sounds like seeing night was fun, can't wait to join you guys again! I want full details on round bobbin!

Darlene said...

Love your version, Denise! Woohoo!!!

Connie said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish!!

Dee said...

I love the fabric you chose for this. Your selection is definitely one of my favorites. I'm a big fan of the Collections for a Cause lines. I'm also with you on the random thing; it's almost impossible for me to do. The best I can manage is a controlled scrappy look.

Carrie said...

I love the fabric ~ this is one of my favorite CFAC collections ~ and I love the way your quilt turned out. It's wonderful.

If it makes you feel better, lots of people felt the same... this wasn't their favorite pattern, and the random-ness of it was the reason. But you did it beautifully! :)

I don't know when I'll get to the Round Bobbin but I hope it's terrific!

Michele said...

Just beautiful! Glad you made the deadline :-)