Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

It's my birthday and I bought myself a birthday present!  It came on Friday ... my tummy had butterflies as I opened the box ...  it was just as beautiful in person as I thought it would be ....

I wasn't going to be left off the bandwagon this time!  I didn't get any of the original FMF and then there was none to be found.  I've been haunting Hawthorne Threads' site for weeks, I even emailed them (they are so nice there).  And, as soon as it was available, I placed my order for Flea Market Fancy.  It arrived in two days! 
I love, love, love it.  These pictures do not do it justice.  Now, to decide what to do with it.  There's enough for a few quilts here. Yay!

In other quilting news, I bought a layer cake of Lotta Jansdotter's Echo when it was the Daily Deal on the Missouri Star Quilt Company's website.  I decided to make a triangle quilt.  It was kind of small, the layer cake only had 24 "layers", so I decided to put a couple of borders on it.  I love the way it came out and it's the perfect size for my office wall.  Since there was so much white in the fabrics, I chose to alternate the prints with black triangles.  


I chose this print for the backing and binding...
I think I'm going to quilt straight lines in the print triangles following the triangle shape and then meandering in the black.  I hope to start on this tomorrow (I took tomorrow off - it's a BIG birthday today and I'll need to recover by having a quilting day - LOL!)

Now, I'm going to go roll around in my FMF for a while before the family comes over to help me celebrate!

6 comments:

Darlene said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Denise, Happy Birthday to YOU.

I hope you're having a fabulous day.

Susan said...

You made out good! Happy birthday!

Luanne said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Lynn said...

Just catching up with my blog friends since I've been away. Looks like you have been busy celebrating. Happy Birthday!

Karen said...

I have been away but now I need to catch up on emails.
Happy Birthday. What a wonderful way to celebrate - select your own gift! And what a gorgeous choice. Have fun deciding what to do with it.
I really like the way your triangle quilt turned out. It looks great!
And I like the twister in the previous post, too.
Lots happening at your place!

Linda in Calif. said...

Happy Birthday!! It looks like you really know what to get a birthday girl don't you. I have to admit that I'm jealous. I just think Flea Market Fancy is so unique and pretty. And it took them forever to do that print again. Smart of you to jump on the band wagon early and get some.