Thursday, March 8, 2012

Bargello Quilt-a-Long - Complete!!

I finally finished my Bargello table runner - quilted and all!  Katie did a great job of hosting the quilt-a-long.  Her instructions were great, I just needed to pay more attention to what I was doing. Focus...Focus...Focus!

I'm very pleased with the result.  I chose the Fay Feathers pantograph (one of my go-to patterns) and love the way the quilting mimicked the bargello "waves".  I didn't realize that would happen when I started - I love when serendipity steps in!
I backed the runner with an old piece from my stash and bound it more of the brown from the front.
It looks very "Fall" to me.  As soon as daughter-in-law Raqhel saw it she claimed it for her new dining room.  (I love that she loves what I make o:) )

Thanks again, Katie, for hosting this great quilt-a-long!

1 comment:

Diane said...

It's beautiful-I love the colors!