Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Busting Some Stash!

Red and White stash that is! 

My daughter was invited to a friend's wedding in September and, of course, I offered to make a quilt for her to give as a gift (because I'm always looking for an excuse to make another quilt, like I don't already have enough quilts in the queue I'm nice like that).


So I quiz her about style, colors, etc. and we determined modern and red & white. So, just like for the Green quilt, I pull all of the red and white stash off the shelves and lo and behold, I believe I have enough - LOL!
We (and by we, I mean me) decided a half-square triangle quilt in an off-set barn raising pattern would be just the ticket!  I figured a size of around 64" x 72" would be good.  I'm making the HST's 4" finished.  Using my mad math skillz (not!), I figure I'll need about 288.  So, I'm busy, busy, busy making HSTs....here's a few... 
With a cool quilting design, I think it will be crisp and modern!  And I'll get to say that I've finally made my own red and white quilt which is all the rage right now.  Plus, those piles really are going down!

5 comments:

Gretchen said...

Ooh, it is looking good. You are so trendy!

Ivory Spring said...

The reds are going to be stunning!

Thelma said...

What a great choice for a gift! Who wouldn't love a red and white quilt! Good luck with all those blocks, am eager to see this all finsihed.

Karen said...

Of course I am biased toward red and white, so I am very keen to see how your quilt grows. Good luck!

Becky said...

That's going to be fantastic!