Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Back in Central Park

I had to interrupt my Central Park marathon to do a few other quilty things, but now I'm back to it in earnest.  I am just itching to get my Postage Stamp quilt quilted, washed & crinkled and put to use!  I started quilting on Sunday - using the Daisy Swirl panto (I know I use this one a lot, but it's just so summery!)...


And since I can only stand at the longarm for so much time before my back starts to hurt (or maybe I like piecing better than quilting???), I'm also working on the "big" Carnival.  Here are the "right face" blocks all done...


And here are the pieces for the "left face" blocks cut out and ready to sew...

That was Monday.  Tonight, those blocks will be finished and I hope I can have this one all put together by the end of the weekend.  I'm also hoping to get the quilting and binding finished on Postage Stamp by the end of the weekend too and I can start next week with something fresh.  (I just love starting a new quilt!)

5 comments:

Darlene said...

OK, first of all I love your Central Park postage stamp quilt and the quilt design is perfect. It's a favorite of mine, too.

And, your Carnival quilt is fabulous - I LOVE it. :-)

Karen said...

I like the way both are looking! Great plans.

LuAnn said...

I love that postage stamp quilt, and your machine quilt is just wonderful. I really love those fabrics.

Linda said...

Wow, that quilt design looks great on your CP Postage Stamp quilt!! Love that quilt!!! I don't blame you for itching to get it done! :-)

Your Carnival blocks are looking soooo good too!!!

cmaxwell57@nc.rr.com said...

Love the postage stamp quilt. How big are the squares on that? I think I might like to try this one.