Saturday, July 30, 2011

Where I Sew

Pink Chalk Studio

Pink Chalk Studio is hosting "Where I Sew" month on the blog.  I know I love seeing others' sewing spaces and thought I'd join in the fun.  Mine isn't fancy (or even very neat right now), but it works for me.  It's in the smallest bedroom (we always called it the "little room", now it's just called my sewing room).  I've got a lot packed in there and thought I'd move into my daughter's former bedroom when I moved the longarm in there because it's bigger, but I like this room for a lot of reasons (and not just laziness at not wanting to move everything!)  This room is right off the top of the stairs (I live in a split level) and I can hear whatever's going on downstairs easily and just peek my head around the door to see what's going on.  I don't feel like I'm tucked away in this room.

From the doorway you look straight to my sewing table which houses my beloved Bernina with a small cutting mat to my left, a couple of baskets for this and that in the back and a selection of threads...

Thread, up close...
To my right is my "big board" ironing board and the big design wall.  Which is a kind of a pain to use because of the big board being in the way, but I deal with it.
 When you come in to the room to the left of the door are a set of plastic drawers that house catalogs, patterns, notebooks, rulers, gadgets, fusibles, freezer paper and what not.  The tray on top holds the rulers I use most....


There's a smaller design wall (piece of flannel tacked to the wall) on that wall.  Then on the side wall are 3 bookshelves that hold books. magazines, some stash, WIPS, threads, and a myriad of stuff...it looks messy but I know what's there...

In front of the bookcases is my cutting table.  Then tucked in the corner is a glass front cabinet holding yet more stash with my tv on top...I love catching up on all of my DVR'd (is that a word?) shows while I'm sewing (in fact, I use *TV Ears* so I can hear over the sewing machine!)...
(What the heck was I watching???)

So, this is where I sew.  And I love my space.

5 comments:

Luanne said...

I feel like I've snuck a peek at Santa's workshop!!

Linda said...

You have such an awesome space!!! WOW!

Paula said...

I like your sewing space. Looks like I could get lost in everything that you have.... I enjoy my sewing crafty getaway space also.
Would you like to join me in a Christmas Fabric Swap, if so you can read about it here... Paula's Crafty Boutique.
Happy quilting

andladybughugs said...

I love your space! My "space" is my dining room table, but I love to see where other people work. Every sewing room I see usually generates some new ideas for ways to store / hide my items to the dining room still resembles -- at least a little bit -- a dining room.

KDL said...

Did you make your sewing table or commercial? Exactly what I am looking for.
Kim