Monday, August 30, 2010

We're Back!

Well, we're back.  What an exhausting but wonderful trip!  I have to say, last week wasn't as hot as it usually is in Walt Disney World in August.  In fact, Sunday night and some parts of Tuesday were a bit chilly (well, that might be an exaggeration, but I know I had goosebumps a couple of times!).  It was the cloud cover that kept it from being stifling most of the time, and the rain wasn't even too bad.  By Saturday though, the sun was hot and it was boiling, so I was quite glad to get on a plane to come home!

One of the first things we did was have a girl's tea at the Grand Floridian.  Very fun!

The boys had fun too...


Son Bill, of course, had to get in on the action, he loves being the center of attention...here he is onstage (on the left) at the Hoop-de-do-Revue.  Good rollicking fun!  I don't think the smile left my face the whole night...


The first two nights we stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge...it was really amazing to see sights like this out your window when you woke up...


Ariel...with Ariel!


As I mentioned, it rained sometimes...


But luckily, there weren't too many faces like this...


All in all a wonderful trip with lots of laughs, good food, and family time!  Hubby and I are going back after Christmas (but don't tell the kids o:) )


So, did I get any stitching done while I was away (remember, I took all those clam shells)?  Stay tuned....that report comes out tomorrow!

P.S. - only came home with 6 new pins!  We've still got some room on that Disney pin quilt o:)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Lucky you! I am glad you had such a fantastic family vacation, those are the best kind to have :D