Friday, August 13, 2010

The Saga of the last Jelly Roll Sampler Block #12

We're at the last block in the Jelly Roll Sampler quilt-along - already!  Wow, that went fast (as has this summer, but that's another post).  So, I dutifully print out my block from Konda's Moose on the Porch blog.  Now, I've also been following along with (but not yet making) another Jelly Roll Sampler block quilt-along from a shop in Cornwall, England called The Quilt Room.  I've been printing out those blocks every month too.  I really, really liked the August block from The Quilt Room and thought, I may even make a whole quilt out of that.  The two patterns sat in a pile in my sewing room for a week or so.  Then I realized I'd better get in gear and get the Moose on the Porch JRS quilt block done before the deadline.  So, I pull out the pattern and remembered, hey, I really liked this block - cool!  I cut and stitched it up Monday night and admired my (very orange!) handiwork.  Love it!  Really do think I'll make a whole quilt out of this block someday - just probably not so orange o:).   Put your sunglasses on for this one...

Then, the next night, I'm all set to start my new August Schnibble (because it's now the 2nd week in August already - yikes!)  Then, I'm looking through "the pile" and see the real Moose on the Porch JRS block pattern.  Uh oh, made the wrong block dang-nabbit!  I'm on a bunch of (self-imposed) deadlines sewing-wise right now and I lost a whole night's sewing making the wrong block (as much as I love it).  This is the REAL block...




Okay, so now what do I do with my very orange Quilt Room block?  I really, really like it, but it will be hard to fit 13 blocks in a quilt.  And I am certainly not using it in another quilt, because all that orange would blind you, and besides, it's in the fabrics that all of my Moose on the Porch JRS blocks are in.  Do I leave out one of the JRS blocks that I've already done?  I don't want to make any of the blocks feel bad.  Or have one of the designers think I don't like their blocks.  Dilemmas, dilemmas.   I'm going to have to ponder this one o:)

2 comments:

Lynn Weathers said...

Maybe put it on the back?

Quilt Hollow said...

Use it for the label.