Being the last day of the month, my Clamshell Report is due. I did have good intentions, taking all those clamshells with me on vacation. I was sure I'd have time to stitch a bunch of them together. Didn't happen. This trip just seemed to be a whirlwind - it was go-go-go all the time and when I wasn't going, I was napping! But, I did get a bunch of clamshsells prepped during the month and now have a total of 55 done (including the few already stitched together). Okay, well, that's not a huge dent in the 600-some clamshells I need to make the quilt, but I'm thinking of this as more of a long-term project, like I hope to get it done in my lifetime.
Because I like to do some prepping and then do some stitching (I'd get bored just prepping them all at once), I decided to take a few pieces from each of the charm packs I'm using to prep so I'd get a good variety to work with.
I'm liking the new basting glue pen I'm using - the Collins Fabric Glue stick - it's billed as a water-soluble instant basting adhesive. $1.99 on sale at Sew Thankful - can't beat that! I ordered a bunch of them, but I think I'm going to need a bunch more. I have a feeling basting 600+ clams is going to take a lot of glue.
Next month I should have a lot more to show!