Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Show & Tell Tuesday - x & + Quilt

While at the Round Bobbin the other weekend for our guild's sew day, I spied an "x & +" quilt sample made with Comma by Zen Chic and loved it.  I knew I had the pattern (the Japanese x & + block having having been a guild swap last year some time).  And, I knew I had this stack of leftover Comma fabrics from the It's a Plus quilt I made last year... 
There was enough for at least a wall hanging-sized quilt.  When I went home, I pulled out this gray for the background/borders...

and couldn't resist putting everything else on hold while I made a few blocks to see what they would look like!
And now I can add yet another project to the WIP pile!!

I'm linking up to Randi's Show & Tell Tuesdays.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I have so far resisted starting an X & + quilt. Your blocks are so cute and I also have some Comma in my stash. I don't know how long I can hold out!

Gretchen said...

That is looking very intriguing but I must resist. Can't start anything else. Not for a long time. Really.

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Gorgeous! That really lets the fabrics shine!

Karen said...

You have to jump in when the inspiration is there regardless of the WIPs.

Michele said...

Love those blocks. I have some Comma I've been saving for something. It's such fun fabric.