Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday Stash #2

Molli Sparkles

Last Sunday, I spent a very enjoyable afternoon with some of my guild peeps (or as friend Bobbi put it so well afterwards - My Tribe - I LOVE that!) at The Round Bobbin.

Well, you can't go to a sew day at the quilt shop and not imbibe in some stash enhancement...particularly when a) there's a President's Day Sale going on and b) you have a $50 Gift Certificate burning a hole in your pocket!  I made good use of both.

First up (clockwise from top) ... I couldn't resist this gray Collage Scratch in Charcoal, I got a couple of yards of that, and a yard each of this Paris News Linen and the little flowers from the Mama Said Sew line...


I found these on the sale rack (from left to right)...Some Comma News print, and Jacks from Dress Up Days (from Doohickey Designs) and Super Star Paisley (from Riley Blake) (those last two were all about fabric envy, Bobbi had gotten some cut and I couldn't resist!)
The shop had this new Flatter spray in the Yuzu scent at one of the ironing boards.  I have no idea what Yuzu is, but it smelled SO good I couldn't resist buying a bottle.
All of this and I only went $6 over my certificate!

This isn't stash, but I had to share....this was dessert tonight....

Stuffed Strawberries!  These were all gobbled up within minutes.  You can find this amazing - and easy - recipe here at Best Bites.

I'm linking up again to Sunday Stash hosted by Molli Sparkles.

6 comments:

wipgirl said...

Is flatter some kind of spray starch or something? I'm intrigued :)

(Also, intrigued by those strawberries, but I'm determined not to click the link because I'm thinking that's probably Nutella inside and that's just a recipe for disaster, me + an open jar of Nutella...)

(clumsy.chord(at)gmail.com)

Julie Mylander said...

Nice additions to your stash! Wondering what Flatter is, too? Those strawberries look delicious! Yum!

Jusmom1 said...

Thank you so much for mentioning the shop name! YEARS ago, when I first tried quilting, I went to a shop located near the corner of Stump and Horsham. Recently, when I took up quilting again, the shop had closed. However, I was at a quilt show and ran across one of the former owners who told me about her new shop. For the LIFE of me I couldn't remember where it was, but you solved my problem! Also, I don't know any other quilters in this area and was wondering what guild you belong to. I'm pretty much a novice, lol. So glad I found your blog!

Sarah @ mila+cuatro said...

The strawberries look devine. I think you showed great restraint only going $6 over your gift certificate! Thanks for linking up.

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Nice haul! What do you think of the flatter? I have two of them and I really like it. Best press makes my hands itch.

Karen said...

Lovely goodies. What fun!!
Strawberries .... mmmmmmm!!!