On Thursday, while still working from home during the "Ice Days" last week, my friend Cathy texted me to see if I wanted to go to Sew Smart, a favorite LQS. Even though I was working, I do get a lunch hour and I felt it was our civic duty to patronize a shop that did have power. Besides, I had a coupon burning a hole in my purse!
I saw a sample of Abbey Lane Quilts' Lucille Bag made up at the shop and it was just about the cutest bag I ever saw. It looked easy enough for even a novice bag maker like me so I picked up these three pieces to make it...this floral called "Mocca" from Alexander Henry Fabrics for the outside of bag, the zig-zag stripe from Sweetwater's Mama Said Sew line (love that line!) for the inside, and the Garden Pindot in black/white from Michael Miller for the side ties and handles. Can't wait to carry this around!
Since I had the coupon (spend $60 to get $10 off), I supplemented with this adorable stack of Riley Blake tone-on-tone Cotton Dots in Medium....
I'm not sure if I want to use them all together or just add them to stash by color...
Then, I found this in the skinny bolt clearance bin for 50% off...I can never resist a good Basic Gray Grunge!!
Not a bad haul! You can check out the other Sunday Stash posts here.

5 comments:
I'm becoming a fan of Sew Smart, too. Good thing they are not so local to me! Great haul of fabrics. Can't wait to see your bag.
Hi Denise. Love your fabrics. I can't wait to see that bag made up. I love polka dots of any kind. And I agree, the Basic Grey Grunge is a great fabric in all the colors. It makes great backings and fill in fabric. Nice job, for a lunch hour!
oohhh! love your fabric scores! They really have such cute stuff there. And btw - you said you emailed, but I don't think I ever got it??
Love your fabrics for the bag ~ it's going to be gorgeous!
Diane
nice stash enhancement! love the dots and that bag pattern too!
Post a Comment