Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday Stash #1

While making my rounds this morning on the Internet, I saw my bloggy friend Charlotte, better known in blogland as Grammie Q posted a Sunday stash and since I just got some nice stash additions, I thought I'd join in.

Molli Sparkles

On Thursday, while still working from home during the "Ice Days" last week, my friend Cathy texted me to see if I wanted to go to Sew Smart, a favorite LQS.  Even though I was working, I do get a lunch hour and I felt it was our civic duty to patronize a shop that did have power.  Besides, I had a coupon burning a hole in my purse!

I  saw a sample of Abbey Lane Quilts' Lucille Bag made up at the shop and it was just about the cutest bag I ever saw.  It looked easy enough for even a novice bag maker like me so I picked up these three pieces to make it...this floral called "Mocca" from Alexander Henry Fabrics for the outside of bag, the zig-zag stripe from Sweetwater's Mama Said Sew line (love that line!) for the inside, and the Garden Pindot in black/white from Michael Miller for the side ties and handles.  Can't wait to carry this around!



Since I had the coupon (spend $60 to get $10 off), I supplemented with this adorable stack of Riley Blake tone-on-tone Cotton Dots in Medium....
 I'm not sure if I want to use them all together or just add them to stash by color...
Then, I found this in the skinny bolt clearance bin for 50% off...I can never resist a good Basic Gray Grunge!!
Not a bad haul!  You can check out the other Sunday Stash posts here.

5 comments:

Susan said...

I'm becoming a fan of Sew Smart, too. Good thing they are not so local to me! Great haul of fabrics. Can't wait to see your bag.

charlotte said...

Hi Denise. Love your fabrics. I can't wait to see that bag made up. I love polka dots of any kind. And I agree, the Basic Grey Grunge is a great fabric in all the colors. It makes great backings and fill in fabric. Nice job, for a lunch hour!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

oohhh! love your fabric scores! They really have such cute stuff there. And btw - you said you emailed, but I don't think I ever got it??

mystudioq.net said...

Love your fabrics for the bag ~ it's going to be gorgeous!

Diane

Diane said...

nice stash enhancement! love the dots and that bag pattern too!