Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Ice Day!

Today wasn't a snow day (that was Monday), but an Ice Day!

This thick coating of ice was on everything....


And the icicles on all of the power lines have been bringing them down all over...and creating spectacular light shows as transformers blew...
And the ice on the trees have been bringing them down all over the area too...
When you walk outside it's quiet except for the crackling sound of the ice and snow coming off the trees.  Very surreal.

My office has been without power all day as has hubby's.  Many friends are without also.  They're not sure when the power will be restored.

We have been very, very lucky here...so far.  We have power and since I really couldn't do any work from home today I used my "ice day" to...what else?  Sew!

I'll have my Ladies of Downton Abbey quilt top done before bed tonight!


Winter...you can stop now!!

4 comments:

sunny said...

Hmmm... Snow Day on Monday, Ice Day today. You must live in my area of the country! Wasn't it pretty today? Your ice looks a little heavier than ours. Glad you got some stitching time in!

Sinta Renee said...

A perfect day to stay in and work on your DA quilt! The whole idea of your retreat is adorable. I love that you had the entire series playing on the TV. What a fun retreat!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Great photos of the ice! Love the way your DA quilt is coming together. I think it's going to be great. :)

Karen said...

These are amazng photos. So glad you have power. Good luck with your sewing.