Sunday, October 20, 2013

It's a Plus!

I couldn't get back to my sewing machine fast enough after we returned from vacation last week.  I had been working on a quilt I saw in last month's issue of Quilty Magazine before we left.  I'm really liking this new magazine a lot.  It's geared toward newbies, but I'm finding a lot of great patterns in it and the stories are fun too.
I saw two quilts in this issue that I had to make.  Apparently, immediately, because I put aside everything else I was doing to make the first one.  I'm kind of liking the one of the cover too.

May I present...It's a Plus...top completed...

It's supposed to be wonky, but I think I went a little overboard on the wonk, but that's okay.

I used two layer cakes of Comma by Zen Chic and some Moda Bella Medium Gray solid.  I'm loving this fabric line...
Called Comma, because, well, COMMAs!
The great thing is I have a bunch left over to make another quilt...
I'm thinking of doing a variation on a Chinese Coins quilt.  I eve sketched it out and had grand plans to maybe submit it to Quilty to see if they'd publish it.  Then I saw that someone beat me to it  - I saw it on someone else's blog but I can't remember where or I'd show you.   Oh well, guess I'll keep my day job.

This is the next Quilty quilt I've got on the list...
I've got a Philly Modern Quilt Guild retreat coming up next month (YAY!) - maybe I'll work on this!

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

It looks like you are coming up with as many projects for yourself as I am for myself! Quilt on!

Diane said...

great wonky quilt-I don't think it's too wonky at all. I have a lot of Comma fabric left from the FQ bundle I bought-I may have to use it for this quilt-it looks fantastic!

charlotte said...

Love your plus quilt. It is not too wonky. Great colors too. Looks like you're having fun!

Karen said...

You sure are making up for lost time! Your Plus quilt top looks great. Good luck with your plans for the next one.