Friday, October 18, 2013

A "Snap Happy" Birthday Bag

Hi again...we're finally back from vacation (two weeks, but it seemed longer).  We had a great time, and I even made a bunch of neutral hexies while we were on our cruise - and then left my sewing bag on the ship!!!  I was very, very unhappy with myself for awhile, but I'm (mostly) over it.  I think Disney Cruise Line Lost & Found is getting a little tired of hearing from me.  I know exactly where the bag is - night table drawer - and I'll just bet no one has used the drawer since we left.  So, I'll give it another week or so and then buy some more templates, Gingher embroidery scissors and the really cool needle threader I had just bought.  Luckily, I still have more of the fabrics that I had in the bag, so I'll be back in business soon.  And will do a much more thorough check next time!!

But, before we went away my very favorite sis-in-law had a big b-day.  We surprised her with a dinner party - at her house!  We came with dinner in hand (her mom even brought the wine glasses!)  She was really surprised and we had a great day.

I had made myself this cute little Snap Happy Bag not too long ago. You use pieces of 1" metal  measuring tape for the "snap" part.  It's very cool.  

So, I thought I'd make one for Cathy in her favorite color - purple!  I added a bunch of little gifts - some earrings, special tea bags, a scarf and a scarf clip - and she loved everything.  She's so easy to buy for - if I like it, I know she'll like it!
 Some shots of the day...
Cathy's sister Peggy (a NEW quilter who just moved near us - I'm going to make her as obsessed as I am - LOL) on the left - birthday girl on the right....
The birthday girl and hubby (my very favorite brother)....
The day before the surprise party, my PMQG-challenge cushion cover was on display at the PA National Quilt Extravaganza with all of the other PMQG cushion covers!!  It was so exciting (hey, it doesn't take much)...Here are the photos of the display...

And, here's my cushion...

My seat has never been so famous!

5 comments:

Gretchen said...

Your snap bags are so cute! And I love the Dresden plate on the round cushion. Such a cute idea!

Susan said...

It was so exciting to see the PMQG display at Oaks and realize that I "know" some of the members. You did a great job on your Dresden plate!

Karen said...

So pleased you had a great vacation but sorry to hear that you lost your sewing!
Looks like you also had a great time with the surprise birthday. Great fun.
Loved seeing the cushion on display - so exciting!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

oh geez! I hope you get your bag back from the cruise!! That would be something I would do. :(

Love those little bags, so cute!

Great pictures from the pmqg display, I never saw those! I really should get them up on our blog. haha!

charlotte said...

Goodness lady, you've been busy! Keep this up and you'll need another vacation!