Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Show & Tell Tuesday - PMQG Quilting Angels...

Or as it's become known....Elfster!  At our January meeting, the PMQG members held our annual holiday "Quilting Angels" swap.  Our swap partners are chosen through a program called Elfster which we've been using for the past couple of years.  It works out great.  The website allows you to lists ideas of things you like and also to anonymously reach out to your "giftee" to ask questions.

My giftee said that she liked solids.  So, I chose a colorful stack of solids for her (oops, forgot a photo) and I also made this snazzy Snap Happy Bag out of Orange Pearl Bracelets for her...

And this colorful pincushion and added in a box of shiny new pins to go along with it...
I, again, was blown away by the generosity and just overall fabulous-ness of the gifts I received...this year from Janet. I mentioned I really love Kaffe Fasset's Aboriginal Dots...so I got this awesome stack...
And these three gorgeous bags...even though they look great here, these photos do not do them justice at all.
They are so professional looking and the fabrics and colors are just beautiful.
Janet has recently retired from the corporate world and is launching her own on-line business - The Quilter's Bazaar - and I believe she will have things like this (along with fabrics, patterns, magazines) in her new on-line shop.  She's set to launch very, very soon (like one day this week).  I'll include a link when it's available! ***UPDATE*** The Quilter's Bazaar website is up and running!
An amazing bag like the ones should here could be yours!  Thanks again, Janet!

I'm linking up again with Randi's Show & Tell Tuesdays!

3 comments:

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

I don't think I ever saw what you made, adorable!! And of course Janet's bags are amazing!

Lynn said...

I've never heard of Elfster. Thanks for the link. I'm going to check it out.

Karen said...

Looks like a fun swap. Lovely gifts!!