Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Vacation's Over!

And now it's back to real life!

We're back from our Cruise to Canada.  Sigh.  Vacation's over for another year.  But, it was a great trip!  A little different for us to go somewhere where the makeup doesn't slide off my face 5 minutes after I put it on in the humidity.

We cruised Carnival for the first time...on the Glory....

Our room was surprisingly comfortable....

And we came back to delightful creatures every evening after dinner...


We saw some great shows in the theater...


And stopped by our favorite lounge every evening for a cocktail...
Mom, Hubby, Step-Dad Paul at the Bar
We stopped in Boston...
Mom, me and Hubby waiting to get on the Ferry to the Constitution


Portland, ME....
We had Lobster Rolls at the Portland Lobster Co.
St. John's....
The Bay of Fundy
and Halifax...

I need to go back to Halifax.  I did not get a Donair (I'm not really sure what that is, but I didn't get one) and Poutine (I kind of know what this is).  Google them.

Anyhoo, Halifax was our favorite port, followed by Boston as a close second.  One of our stops was the Fairview Cemetary where many of the Titanic victims are buried.  It was very moving.  We also saw the Titanic Exhibit at the Maritime museum which had artifacts from the actual ship.

The very loud grinding rumbling noise that lasted for a few minutes during the middle of that night while we were sleeping (well, trying to) was not welcome after a day of being immersed in Titanic lore!  We both jumped up out of bed and shouted "Iceberg!"  We did get $50 credited to our stateroom account for the trouble.  Never did find out exactly what that was.

All, in all, we had a very good time.  It was nice cruising with my mom and step-dad.  We had never vacationed together before.  Wish we had done it sooner!

I can hardly believe it, but I actually DID work on the hexies I brought with me!  I got quite a bit done...


I'm making two of these and I'd love to finish this one up before Halloween so I can give it to my daughter-in-law.

So, now that vacation's over, I'm looking forward to our next vacation - we're back on a Disney ship cruising someplace warm next October!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Looks like you have had a wonderful time. It's always good to have a break. It really helps you relax.
I am impressed that some stitching was done.

Darlene said...

It appears that you and your family had a wonderful vacation.

Thank you for sharing.

charlotte said...

Welcome back. Looks like a great time.

FarahLin said...

Looks like you've had a wonderful vacation!

Those hexies look great and beautiful hand stitching.

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

haha! I was going to say, I didn't think I'd want to be seeing a Titanic exhibit while cruising. That noise must have scared the heck out of you! Love all the towel animals. And your hexies are super cute.

Linda in Calif. said...

Wow! That room on the cruise ship is so MUCH nicer than the one we had. (Different cruise line) I just can't believe what a beautiful little quilt you are making - so cute. Good Job. I do love your pictures - and the story about the iceberg - too funny. But I bet it wasn't at the time. lol