Tuesday, September 25, 2012

One Wedding Quilt Done....

I finished the wedding quilt for my daughter-in-law to give as a gift at a wedding she's going to at the end of October. I'm happy with the way it came out. She loves it too.

I used King Tut thread in Date Palm to quilt it - it's one of my staple colors. It blended in nicely with all of the fabrics.
This quilt was entirely from stash. Even the backing...
I hope the happy couple like it!
I'm setting this to auto-post, so hopefully we're sailing our way up to Canada right now and enjoying cocktails on the deck at night. I always like to take a little stitching along with me on vacation (even if half the time I never touch it). I loved this little Fall hexie mat I saw on the cover of Quilts and More and thought it would be the perfect take along project...
Last week, I cut out hexies from some Fall/Halloween prints. These hexies are pretty large at 2"...
It calls for three little embroideries and I got started on those before I left...
Any bets on if I actually work on this???

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! You got the quilt finished a whole month in advance! Way to go!

I'm betting you don't work the hexie project. I also always take a project and rarely work on it. Better to be safe than sorry though and this one won't take up much room in your suitcase.

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

That turned out beautiful. The quilting looks great. Love all the fall goodness you have going on. What are you doing with those embroidered pieces?

Diane said...

great wedding quilt-way to use the stash.
If you're like me, I lug the stuff to work on while on vacation then lug it home untouched-it must be like a security blanket thing, I don't know.
Have a great relaxing time!
wish I was with you!

Karen said...

Great to have the wedding quilt finished well ahead of time. It looks wonderful with all that gorgeous quilting.
Good luck with your little embroideries!