Friday, September 21, 2012

When is a Schnibble Not a Schnibble?

When it's a Little Bite! Sinta and Sherri's choice for our Another Year of Schnibbles this month is from designer Carrie Nelson's new line of patterns called Little Bites. They are designed to take advantage of Moda's new Candy - 2-1/2" squares. How can you resist?

This pattern is called Speck. I cheated a little, because I didn't have any candy. But I did have some leftovers from my Park Avenue Charm Pack and I made my own candy!

I love it!

The background and borders are from stash, but I think it all works well together.
Not sure how I'm going to quilt it yet...
This one was small, so I took the extra effort to miter the outer border. I should have mitered both borders, dang it!
Tomorrow you can see the parade of Little Bite Specks over at Sinta and Sherri's blogs - I'm sure there will be some gorgeous pieces!

8 comments:

Kallie said...

So lovely! I need to pick up some little bites patterns as well, especially since I have some moda candy. I love the border fabric you used! I used it for my borders as well on my Omigosh quilt, great minds think alike right!?

Kallie
www.aquiltingwewillgo.blogspot.com

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Nice! I need you to teach me how to miter borders, I've never done that. And what a cute idea - little bites. I have to check those out, I have candy in my stash.

Karen said...

These little quilts are such a fun idea. Love the fabrics you used. It looks great!

Lynn said...

Very cute! How big is it?

Diane said...

l.o.v.e it!

Béa said...

Very beautiful choice of fabrics and border finish. I too used a charm pack.XXX

Michelle said...

Candy? Sounds like I need some of that!

Michele said...

Making your own candy is always good! Any kind of candy is good for that matter :-) Love the fabrics you used!