Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Quilt Show Haul

Last weekend was one my most anticipated quilt events of the year - The Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza.  And what an extravaganza it was!

I met up with my quilt-buddy-from-work Lindsay at 10am when the doors opened.  We hit the vendors while waiting for friend and fellow-guild member Becky to arrive around noon.  A good time was had by all!

Here's the loot:

I probably would have passed this pattern by if the vendor hadn't had a sample of this great little bag for your quilt notions.  It was so cute and looked very do-able.   Now to get my hands on some clear vinyl.
 
I'd heard a lot of good things about this Soft and Stable interfacing for bags and since the pattern called for it, I thought I'd give it a try...
I always love to stop by the Dover Booksellers at the show and I found this quilty novel to take on my upcoming vacation.  I'll let you know how it is!
 I couldn't resist these FQs of Bonnie & Camille's Vintage Modern....Yum!
I've been itching (pun intended) to try my hand at a wool project and finally picked one up.  They had a sample of this kit and the colors were just gorgeous...
I saw the 1-1/2" strips first and then saw the quilt....had to get both the strips and the pattern.  Looks fun and simple!  This is from the booth of one of my favorite quilt shops - Generations.
I can never resist a good polka dot and this set was so soft and sweet - it will make a nice baby quilt...
I'll show the rest in another post - this one's getting a little picture-heavy.  Yes, there's more.  Shhh...don't tell the hubby.

By the end of the day, Lindsay and I could barely make it out of the expo center our feets hurt so bad!  But, it was all worth it!  More soon!

7 comments:

Lynn said...

I love Atkinson Designs patterns! I haven't seen that one though. I'm gonna check it out.

charlotte said...

Nice haul! I won't tell a soul. I am going to the local guild show here near the end of October. Vendors are my favorite part!!

Karen said...

You really did have a great day. Well done!

Diane said...

oh wow you have great stuff there-love the wool project!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

love it all! Let me know if that book is good and I may have to borrow it. ;)

Susan said...

You came home with some great stuff...what fun!

Pat said...

The REST? Do you mean there's more.