Friday, September 21, 2012

Quilt Show Haul #2

Back to the Quilt Show!

We went to the show on Saturday.  I didn't think it was very crowded for a Saturday.  Which is good and bad.  Good because we didn't have to fight to get into booths or see quilts; but bad because I want this show to continue!  There definitely weren't as many vendors there this year as when I was at this show two years ago.  A friend said she was there on Friday and there was a pretty good crowd though.

One of the first booths we went to was Schoolhouse Quilts.  There were lovely repro fabrics and fabulous quilts all around the booth.  A row of miniatures lined the front of the booth.  My friend, Lindsay, and I started talking to one of the women in the booth and we were saying how striking the quilts were. She said they represented 25 years of work - all hand pieced and hand quilted.  As they are talking I'm looking at the woman's name tag.  It was Judie Rothermel herself!  Lindsay had no clue at this point and was just peppering her with questions.  Which she seemed more than happy to answer.  Then Judie started asking us about our quilting backgrounds.  We must have talked for 15 minutes.  She couldn't have been more lovely.   And I couldn't resist this gorgeous stack...
Moving on, I apprently couldn't resist this FQ bundle either...actually, I think it was from a booth of a vendor I know pretty well and I wanted to support her...
 And this stuff?  Oh my goodness. I don't even know how to describe how luscious this fabric is.  It's got a most wonderful sheen to it and it so incredibly soft.  It's by Northcott and called Cosmopolitan.  You've really got to see - and feel - this stuff to believe it.
 One of my missions at the show was to get fabrics to make four more of the striped purses like I made from Modern Mix.  The ladies in my family are getting them for Christmas.  I'm making two in neutrals...
And two in green/purples....
I'll start on these as soon as I get back from vacation.  Which we leaving on in the morning.  Better finish packing!!

So, that's the quilt show haul.  Good thing the next one is a year away!  o:)

8 comments:

Pat said...

Nice to see you are doing your part for the economy! Very nice purchases.

Linda in Calif. said...

Wow! That must have been fun talking to Judie Rothermel! I do love the fabrics you have come home with. The fabrics for the purses will look great!

Luanne said...

Have a great trip!!

Karen said...

I love seeing all your goodies. Gorgeous fabrics. You DID have a great time!

charlotte said...

Yeah, you're going to need a year to sew up all that pretty fabric. Have a great and safe trip.

Kate said...

You found some gorgeous stuff. Enjoy your vacation!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

yay for quilt loot! So glad you got that 'cosmopolitan fabric', it's awesome! can't wait to see waht you make of them!

Gretchen said...

Some gorgeous quilt show haul! Have a great vacay!