Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Quilting Before the Storm

We're getting ready for Frankenstorm around here - or the Snowicane - or just plain old Sandy - whatever they're calling it at the moment..  We've dismantled Halloween from the front yard, brought everything inside, gotten our bread, milk and eggs, flashlights and candles.  Now, I'm racing to finish quilting my co-worker's quilt in case we lose power!

A colleague made this cute Super Hero quilt for her sister's baby shower and was trying to quilt it herself when her machine broke.  Right before the shower!  She asked me if I'd do the quilting for her.  I was more than happy to do so.
She chose the Bubbles pantograph for the design and it's coming out quite nicely!

She used a small wale courduroy for the backing and some of the squares...

I've sewn on the binding and I'm ready to snuggle in and stitch it down tonight while the storm comes in.

In other news, I'm still on my winning streak!  I won the new book from the It's Sew Emma girls at the Fat Quarter Shop courtesy of Sherri at A Quilting Life! This is a really nice book - featuring, obviously, fat quarters.  Each pattern contains instructions to make the quilt in four different sizes.  I'll be making at least a few from this book!  Thanks Sherri and FQS!

On Tuesdays, I always comment to enter the fat eighth bundle giveaways on Randi's
"I Have to Say" blog and the other week I won!  I got this great Fall bundle...

Randi's shop, Fresh Squeezed Fabrics has great fabrics and she even has custom bundles!  Thanks, Randi!

To all my friends in the storm's path - stay safe and dry!

8 comments:

carol fun said...

What a sweet baby quilt! Love the quilting! Congratulations on the wins -- that fat eight pack is very cool. Hope that you are spared the brunt of the storm and that it passes quickly!

charlotte said...

I've been thinking of you ever since they said the storm is heading for PA. I hope you stay warm, dry and with power for the duration. Mostly just windy here. Hand stitching by candle light...just like Laura Ingalls.

Lynn said...

I hope you stay safe! I sure don't miss living in Hurricane Alley!

Karen said...

Great to see the quilt well under way. You know it will be appreciated.
Lucky you!! All those lovely goodies.
Looking forward to hearing from you after the storm.

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

The quilting on that looks great! Hope you are still safe!

Crystal said...

Congrats on your win! I just read on Randi's blog today that I won this week's lovely Marmalade package :) Yeah for happy mail and great giveaways!

Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

Congrats on your winnings, very fun. Love the Superhero quilt! What a great baby quilt for a little boy (Though my little girl would have been trilled as well. She always liked Spiderman way better then she did Cinderella!)