Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Another Year of Schibbles July - The Big Reveal

Earlier this month, I mentioned that the Schnibble this month was our choice.  I had three all ready to go...



So, which did I choose?

None of them!  LOL!

Now, I did actually decide on Cindy Lou Who with Pure.  But as I was sorting through the charms I realized the colors weren't going to work with this pattern (which I will save for just the right charm pack - I know it'll come along).

But, I really wanted to work with Pure, so scoured my Schnibbles Patterns and Carrie's two books - Another Bite of Schnibbles and Schnibbles Time Two and settled on:


And love the combo!  I started out doing a scrappy version...
But then decided to color-coordinate the "circles".  I wound up having to make a couple more blue blocks, but in the end I'm glad I went this way.

And the backing is another great find from the Fabric.com clearance section and it's from the Pure line!
This will make a great quilt for a baby boy.  I'm seriously entertaining thoughts of hand-quilting this one.  Maybe I should go take my temperature - LOL!

One August 1st you can check out the July Schnibbles parade on Sinta and Sherri's blogs.  I'm excited to see what Schibble everyone chose!

10 comments:

Nicole said...

Love both your pattern choice and your fabric selection! Bennington is fabulous!

Gretchen said...

Bennington looks amazing! Take the plunge and hand quilt it! It will be so relaxing. Two thumbs up to that idea.

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh this is just beautiful. I like the way you did it better than the scrappy way. It really turned out nice.

Karin said...

love the layout you chose! Hand quilting would be nice, but it so takes foooreeeeva!

Quilt Hollow said...

This is wonderful!

Quilt Hollow said...

This is wonderful!

Sinta Renee said...

Any one of your choices would have been great. But I do love your final decision.

Karen said...

Great choice. Love the end result!

Michele said...

It looks wonderful! We both liked Bennington this month :-) Isn't it a great pattern? Pure is wonderful fabric, I just missed the boat on it and didn't know it was there until it was gone! I won't make that mistake again. Another Sweetwater fabric won't get past me LOL! Your Schnibble is beautiful!

Lesley said...

Your Schnibble is just so beautiful...both versions! Well done!