Friday, July 20, 2012

This and That...

I wasn't incredibly productive the week after we got home from NC, but I've done a little of this and that...

That Sunday I got the itch to use some scraps to make some round potholders (I saw them on someone's blog and unfortunately can't remember whose - I have that disease, you know, CRS!)
So I pulled out my Habitat Scraps and made these (but I forgot to use the heat resistant batting, so be careful - Ouch!)...
Then I decided to make a few more Granny Square blocks...
I'm now up to 13...
Eight more to go and I'll have a quilt!  By the way, have you seen the Great Granny Square quilt along that Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet is hosting?  They are super-sized Granny Squares.  If I hadn't already started this quilt, I'd definitely play along.

I also received this in the mail...
I was thrilled when I found out I won this pattern from Sinta Renee (of Pink Pincushion blog fame - and co-host of the Year of Schnibbles quilt alongs). Hubby, being a  Brit, loved it too!  I'm having fun choosing just the right fabrics to make this!  Take a look at Sinta's version of this quilt - just fabulous!

Also, I was so touched to receive this in the mail recently...
I made this block for Beth's (of Love, Laugh, Quilt) charity quilts for a local Veteran's Hospital.
It was a pleasure to be a part of this project and to receive such a special thank you was the icing on the cake!  It has a special place on the bulletin board in my sewing room.  Thanks, Beth!

So, this weekend, I'm making up for the no quilting of last weekend (let's hope this weekend is MUCH quieter!)  I'm getting together with some quilting buddies for a day of sewing, eating and shopping tomorrow and I can't wait!!

5 comments:

Becky M said...

Yay! Can't wait for shopping! Love those grannies, especially the last one! And sounds like you need to find a different use for those potholders. Ouch

Darlene said...

Your grannies are fabulous.

How's your hubby?

Karen said...

Good to see you back into the swing of sewing. The blocks continue to look wonderful. Congrats on the win, too.
And just checking in on the patient - how is he doing? And how are you lasting, too?

Sinta Renee said...

I am so glad you got the pattern! Do you have the fabrics gathered for it yet? Your granny squares are very cute! Aren't they addicting?

Ivory Spring said...

Being the Jubilee year and all, that Union Jack quilt is the perfect quilt to make this year!! :)