Friday, August 3, 2012

Hospital Hexies

I may not have gotten any hexies done while driving back and forth to North Carolina during our trip a few weeks ago, but I did get some done while spending long hours at the hospital a couple of weeks ago...

Hubby said he felt bad that I was there all day on the Sunday and that I could be home quilting.  I told him I've got my iPad to read my quilting blogs and I've got my hexies for sewing - so it's just like being home!  Well, almost.   At home I don't run to the pantry every 1/2 hour to get him more ginger ale - LOL.  He drink enough ginger ale while he was in the hospital to float a ship!  At least I felt useful.  He's doing great by the way and is back at work.  Thanks for all of the kind words and good thoughts and prayers, they meant a lot. o:)

Last weekend, a few of my quilting buddies and I got together for a sew day (I can't tell you how much I love our sew days!)  I started this quilt...

I know, another one.  But I have an excuse.  I promised my daughter-in-law I'd make a quilt for her to give as a wedding gift next month (yes, I really love my DIL).  And, this one's quick and I already had the fabric.

Along with the sewing, and the eating, of course we went shopping - at Sew Smart in Doylestown - a favorite LQS of mine.  And they were having a sale AND we had coupons - woo hoo!

So I got a couple of packs of Sew Stitchy charms along with a couple of yards of light pink Kona (and I got a finish-the-bolt discount on that!)...

And some yardage to go with my Lucy's Crab Shack charm packs...
The bikes are so cute!

I saw a zig zag quilt on the wall that was so luscious, I couldn't resist getting these to jelly rolls to make one just like it...
Fun, fun, fun!

9 comments:

FarahLin said...

Pretty hexies and beautiful quilt in the making! Your DIL's very lucky to have a wonderful MIL like you. ;)
Great fabrics bought too - look forward to the seeing the finished zigzag quilt!

Anna said...

I love how the quilt for your daughter in law is coming along! I didn't know what pattern you were using and that is lovely. And I LOVED that zig zag quilt at the shop, so I can't wait to see yours come together. I am going with the family plus my in laws to Avalon in a week and I am debating about bringing my machine with me to work on some piecing...

Karen said...

Loads of lovely shopping there! Some great bargains, too.
Looks like the sewing day was very productive with the start to the quilt. That is going to be a lovely gift.
Good to see the hexies growing.
So pleased to know your hubby is making such good progress.
Enjoy your weekend.

Lynn said...

Love that Sew Stitchy line. I need to get some for myself.

Beautifully simple quilt!

Karin said...

Denise, I must have missed where you said your hubby was going into the hospital! I hope he is OK!

the hexies look great, and you got some great new stash fabrics there! YUM!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Wow, that quilt is coming along fast! It looks great! I'm so glad your hubby is doing better. YAY for sewing and shopping days!

Pat said...

I am so glad your hubby is doing well! The hexies look super cute, and I love the new fabric.

Connie said...

Beautiful quilt top and what great new goodies! Glad your husband is feeling better and back to work. I was reading some of your other posts. My husband had a heart attack about 2 years ago....same thing one artery blocked 99% but he is fine now.

Linda in Calif. said...

Sorry that hubby had to be in the hospital. Glad to hear he is better. I think your hexie flowers are wonderful. I can't wait to see your zig zag quilt!