Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pets on Quilts 2012

I almost missed my entry for Pets on Quilts 2012!  I figured I'd better get on the stick and get this posted.  This year, Jacque from Lily Pad Quilting (love that name for obvious reasons) is hosting, taking over from Sew Cal Gal.  Thanks Jacque!  And thanks Sew Cal Gal!

On Sunday, I gathered up a favorite quilt, Lilly and some treats to have a photo shoot.  Lilly wasn't very cooperative, even with the treats.  Usually, when I put a piece of fabric or a quilt down on the floor Lilly jumps right in the middle.  Not this time.  I coaxed and pleaded and finally had to plop her down.  Then I couldn't get a shot with her eyes open.  
And then the tongue comes out - LOL!
Let's try an "artistic" shot on the chair.  Yep, still with the eyes closed...
I made this quilt a while ago, but just pulled it out again to display.  I really love blue and brown together and when I saw these fabrics, I fell in love.  A very simple quilt, but quite stunning with the fabrics.
You can see all of the great Pets on Quilts entries here!

************

A Great Service story:  I placed an order today on the Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe site.  I love their site and really hope I can visit their store someday.  It's a good thing they are all the way across the country from me or it could be dangerous.  I ordered a FQ bundle and just received a call from them asking if I would mind if they untied the bundle and then they'd be able to fit it in a smaller envelope saving me big $$$ on shipping.  Do I mind?  Um, nope.  I am blown away by this level of service.  Hollyhill, you ROCK!!

27 comments:

Agnes B Bullock said...

Love the blue and brown fabrics- they are stupendous! My models don't always cooperte either, even with treats!

Joanna said...

Those models get so persnickety. But Lilly looks lovely just the same.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

I am cracking up at Sweet Lili...she has a look on her face that seems to say, "I'm NOT opening my eyes no matter what you do....I am busy right now!".....what a lovely quilt...you are right about that color combination....I have teal and brown in my bedroom right now..........love it!

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh what a dog! She just has a mind of her own doesn't she. Well, she's so pretty, and makes your pretty quilt really stand out. PS I really liked the artistic shot on the chair. Too cute!

The Thimblemouse of Country Crossroads said...

Lilly is just like the rest of our kids...ready to pose until the camera comes out! LOL Beautiful quilt!

Loris said...

Love the quilt especially with Lily on it.

Kruse Kats said...

both quilts are great fabric choices!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

just adorable. Lily is. The quilt is pretty. :D

Karen said...

Now I will bet that if you put that quilt on the floor this week, Lilly you sit in the middle of it perfectly! They know why the camera is out! :)
Lovely quilt! And Lilly looks great, too.

Mhairi said...

Your quilt is so beautiful and I love your dog too.

Dana Gaffney said...

Lilly looks beautiful even with her eyes closed. Love the quilt, you're right the colors are stunning. Thanks.

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful quilt and cute model too.

FarahLin said...

Love the quilt and lily is so adorable!

Mimi said...

Aren't pets funny like that?!! hehehe Love your quilt and your model is darling!!

SpartanBabe said...

Those fabrics are great! The quilt is perfect and Lily...she was just saving you from having to edit the red-eye out! Sometimes the best photos of my furchildren are when they're asleep! Thank you for sharing Lily and your quilt with us - good luck!!!

Marianne said...

The eyes shut are funny! What a silly dog.

Rebeckah Austin said...

Cute doggie and cool quilt!

Missy Shay said...

Beautiful quilt, our pets never do what we want them to!

landscapelady said...

Your post caught my eye cause I too have a peke - his name is Magoo and he is nearing the end of his long 17 year life and he is my baby.

heartsease54 said...

She's a cutie even with her eyes closed.

quiltmom said...

Pets are like children - they cooperate but only to a certain extent- he is one fine looking dog. I love brown and blue together- I am not sure why I don't combine them more often. Thanks for participating in the hop. Have fun- there are some wonderful pets and blogs.
Warmest regards,
Anna

QuiltSue said...

Lilly really did not want to cooperate. Lovely quilt and dog though.

Marcia W. said...

Your quilt is gorgeous with those rich brown and blue colors. Your pup has lovely coloring.

Lyndsey said...

Lily just wanted to give the photos more 'superstar personality'. I think she is adorable and so is your quilt.

CaroleM said...

I love the colours in that quilt!!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Lily is a true girl. She knows what you want and will only give it to you on her terms! Haha! Can't wait to meet her. Love that quilt, great fabrics.

Monica_C said...

I LOVE LILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!