Sunday, August 12, 2012

My Kind of Weekend...

I've been quilting on the Twirl quilt...

Put the borders on the quilt for my DIL to give as a wedding gift...
 Made the binding...

Made a bunch more Short Story blocks...
A few more hexies (I actually did these last week)
And made my August Sunday Morning Quilts Bee blocks...

Then Saturday night dinner!  My Pommes Anna came out so beautifully I had to take a photo.  When they come out of the skillet this perfectly brown and nothing stuck on the bottom of the pan, I get a little thrill...
(I could have used something better to display it on than a pink plastic plate, but I haven't run the dishwasher in a few days - LOL)

Then I made a Caprese salad with the wonderul yellow roma tomatoes and basil that we got in our friends' CSA share that they kindly let us have this week while they were on vacation...
To go with our filets and our last bottle of 2005 Valley of the Moon Zinfandel.  Oh, how I wish we had another bottle (or 10) of this wine.
(notice my quilt block plates?  A fantastic TJ Maxx find from a few years back)

A lot of sewing, a wonderful dinner and a great bottle of wine - now that's my kind of weekend!

14 comments:

Pat said...

soo jealous!!

Nancy said...

What wonderful progress!

Do you happen to have a link for the Short Story blocks?

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Oh wow you have been busy! Love all of it! And btw, I would not have known that was a plastic plate if you hadnt told us. ;)

Darlene said...

What a delightful week end.

Lynn said...

Those tomatoes look so good! Yum!

Diane said...

good food and relaxing and quilting too=perfect!

Monica_C said...

DAMN those plates are COOL!!!!!!! and LOVE those hexies!! You just inspired me to get workin' on mine... How many do you plan to make? the colors are beautiful!!!!!

Karen said...

A very productive weekend! Love seeing those tops being quilted!!
I know - I have to do it, too.
The wedding gift quilt is looking lovely.
Love seeing all the different blocks you are doing.

FarahLin said...

A great weekend indeed! Beautiful blocks and hexies. Can't wait to see the finished quilts!

charlotte said...

Sounds like my kind of weekend. I love your Pommes Anna! It looks amazing! I also think your caprese salad turned out nice. We have had that one several times this summer with all the fresh tomatoes at the farmers market here. I can't wait to see your twirl quilt. I love the colors!

Sinta Renee said...

What a fun weekend of puttering and finishing up and enjoying... especially the wine! Good thing you saved that for last!hehe

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Beautiful blocks Denise! I love your WIP-s! What's the backing fabric on the twirl quilt? It looks really pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

The plates look AWESOME! Thought you hand painted them then I saw they were from TJMAXX.

Schulz Family said...

Not only do I want to quilt with you but I would love to come for dinner too. Yummy. Came over from Sew Many Ways blog hop. Karen. www.madewithmytwohands.blogspot.com